Use a Private Registry
You can install Verrazzano using a private Docker-compliant container registry. This requires the following:
- Loading all required Verrazzano container images into your own registry and repository.
- Installing the Verrazzano platform operator with the private registry and repository used to load the images.
To obtain the required Verrazzano images and install from your private registry, you must:
- Download the Verrazzano ZIP file from the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud:
- In your browser, go to Oracle Software Delivery Cloud and log in with your credentials.
- In the drop-down menu next to the search bar, select Download Package.
- In the search bar, enter
Verrazzano Enterprise Container Platformand click Search.
- Select the
DLP: Oracle Verrazzano Enterprise Edition 1.3.1link. This will add it to your download queue.
- Select the Continue link.
- Accept the license agreement and click Continue.
- Download the file:
- To download the ZIP file directly, select the file link in the list.
- To download the ZIP file using
Oracle Download Manager, click Download and run the
Oracle Download Managerexecutable.
- Prepare to do the private registry install:
- Unzip the ZIP archive to a desired directory location. There will be two files, a compressed TAR file containing the product files and a checksum file.
- Go to the expanded archive directory.
- (Optional) Validate the checksum and the TAR file match. For example,
$ shasum -c verrazzano_1.3.1.tar.gz.sha256 # Sample output verrazzano_1.3.1.tar.gz: OK
- Expand the TAR file, for example,
tar xvf verrazzano_1.3.1.tar.gz.
- Load the product images into your private registry and install Verrazzano using the instructions in the
README.mdfile that is packaged with the TAR file.
Configuring access to an insecure private registry
A private Docker registry is called an insecure registry when it is configured for access using a self-signed certificate or over an unencrypted HTTP connection. Depending on the platform, there could be some additional configuration required for installing Verrazzano with an insecure registry.
For example, for the Oracle Cloud Native Environment platform, the insecure registries must be configured in
/etc/containers/registries.conf as follows on the worker nodes:
[registries] [registries.insecure] registries = ["insecure-registry-1:1001/registry1","insecure-registry-2:1001/registry2"]
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.