Set up a multicluster Verrazzano environment
- Before you begin, read this document, Verrazzano in a multicluster environment.
- To set up a multicluster Verrazzano environment, you will need two or more Kubernetes clusters. One of these clusters will be admin cluster; the others will be managed clusters. For instructions on preparing Kubernetes platforms for installing Verrazzano, see Platform Setup.
NOTEIf Rancher is not enabled, then refer to Advanced Multicluster Installation because additional steps are required to register a managed cluster.
The following instructions assume an admin cluster and a single managed cluster. For each additional managed cluster, simply repeat the managed cluster instructions.
To install Verrazzano on each Kubernetes cluster, complete the following steps:
- On one cluster, install Verrazzano using the
prodprofile; this will be the admin cluster.
- On the other cluster, install Verrazzano using the
managed-clusterprofile; this will be a managed cluster. The
managed-clusterprofile contains only the components that are required for a managed cluster.
NOTE: You also can use the
- Then, register the managed clusters in a multicluster environment by following a registration method found here.
For detailed instructions on how to install and customize Verrazzano on a Kubernetes cluster using a specific profile, see the Installation Guide and Installation Profiles.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.