Verrazzano in a Multicluster Environment
Review the following key concepts to understand multicluster Verrazzano.
- Admin cluster - A Kubernetes cluster that serves as the central management point for deploying and monitoring applications in managed clusters.
- Managed clusters - A Kubernetes cluster that has the following characteristics:
- It is registered with an admin cluster with a unique name.
- Verrazzano multicluster applications may be deployed to the managed cluster from the admin cluster.
- Logs and metrics for Verrazzano system components and Verrazzano multicluster applications deployed on the managed cluster are viewable from the admin cluster.
- Verrazzano multicluster resources - Custom Kubernetes resources defined by Verrazzano.
- Each multicluster resource serves as a wrapper for an underlying resource type.
- A multicluster resource allows the
placementof the underlying resource to be specified as a list of names of the clusters in which the resource must be placed.
For more details, see here.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.